Hi, I'm Jacob

I am a full-stack engineer currently working at JPMorgan & Chase, with a passion for new technologies and learning as much possible. I grew up in Hawaii, yes I surfed, I joined the military out of High School, Air Force Security Forces. I have done lots of volunteer work and love working with Open Source Communities. I started my own company with my brother in Seattle selling vinyl records years ago, years later I joined a coding Bootcamp and here I am now.

1 Like

Hi, from a new comer to the next welcome :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Saw you are self taught, thats awesome!

1 Like

:joy: I wouldn’t call it awesome, don’t get me wrong I would have it any other way… but the constant headache, well that I could do without… :nerd_face:

How about yourself are you currently working on something ?

1 Like

I work at JPMorgan & Chase as a software engineer, I plan on using egghead to learn so much more stuff but I always am tinkering with things usually on https://github.com/JacobMGEvans/experiments-and-research if it starts to become something interesting I move it into its own repo.

Also, if you ever want to discuss JS/TS or React I am always open you can find me here or on Twitter as @JacobMGEvans

1 Like

Thanks, I might just take you up on that offer…:+1:t2:

You can also find me here:
dev.to/jacobmgevans
twitter: jacobmgevans
github: jacobmgevans