Hi, I'm Emily 👋

Hi, Folks! My name is Emily, and I’ve been teaching myself to code since about the middle of last year (May-ish of 2018). I started out with freeCodeCamp and a Udemy course and haven’t really stopped since. I’ve taken some breaks due to poor health here and there, but I started the Flatiron School Software Engineering/Full Stack Development program about a month ago. You can find me on Twitter @thecodepixi

What’s your current stack?
HTML/CSS (of course), JavaScript, Ruby. A little PHP and SQL exposure so far, but not much. I have a bad habit of hesitating to learn a little about a lot of things, but I’d like to start digging into more soon.
What are you learning right now?
Currently Ruby with Flatiron. I’ll be working on my first Ruby CLI portfolio project at the end of this month.
What are you working on?
Flatiron lessons consume most of my time right now. I’m hoping to code up my own blog soon though! I’ve been putting it off because I can’t decide which tools to use because there are too many interesting options.
What’s your current side project?
None, at the moment. But soon the blog, and I also have a few ideas for small fun pure CSS things just to have something fun to work on between school-related projects.
Where do you live?
New Jersey, about an hour outside of NYC. The town I live in likes to pride itself on being the ‘start of the Jersey Shore’.
Share a picture of your favorite pet!

Not actually my pet, but a friends corgi when she was a puppy. Who doesn’t love corgis, right!?

6 Likes

Hey Emily! Great to meet you! I definitely know what you mean about not being able to decide what tools to use for a new blog. I’ve changed my blog so many times using different tools. Gatsby and Netlify seem like a great and fast setup for me now.

Love the corgi pic. Those ears!

Hey Emily! How is your experience at flat Iron going? I am taking an improv class in DC and one of the people in my group is taking the data science course through them. It seems like she enjoys it!

Love the doggo :heart_eyes: