Feedback on my first screencast

Hi,

I was getting ready for Taylor’s upcoming workshop on Thursday and realised that almost all of my experience with SQL has been with MySQL. So, I thought I’d do a quick screencast of some basic navigation in MySQL and then carry out the same operations in PostgreSQL.

All feedback gratefully appreciated :slight_smile:

A few basic commands in MySQL and PostgreSQL

Kevin.

2 Likes

This is really great Kevin! Love that you took what you we’re learning and documented it like this :smiley:

Your narration of what you type is really great! Keeps the learner engaged with what you’re doing as you do it.

I have a little bit of feedback for you on the intro and guiding the eyes

• START - 00:08 - This is an intro and can be cut, great information but can be put in the description of the video! Not a big deal, but we like to encourage jumping straight into the action and let the title/description/code example fill in the context of what is about to happen.
  • 00:17 - You tell us there’s a database called ‘kevin’ which is great but it’s even better to use your cursor and highlight exactly what you want us to look at. This way we aren’t lost or miss interpret what you’re saying
  • 00:32 - Same here with ‘guiding the learners eyes’

Really great stuff :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks Zac - super helpful feedback. I’m scripting a few more on NextJS and have re-watched John’s entire series again. This feedback, combined with the video series and the www.howtoegghead.com guides are golden. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to help!

Looking forward to the lessons! NextJS is really cool.