I’ve built a library in Node.js called
cli-max, It’s a library that tries to make the experience of building a CLI app easy and pleasant.
cli-max: An opinionated solution for building CLI applications using Node.js.
The API of
cli-max consciously tries to make your code more declarative and thus be easier to build, understand and maintain.
- supports both single and multi command CLI Apps. Ex:
gitfor Multi command and
touchfor a single command app
- supports option parsing out of the box
- supports default sub-commands, you can configure a sub-command to be executed by default if no valid command name is passed at runtime.
- Sub-Commands can have aliases, making it easy for end-users to pass alternative command names
- Options/Flags can have aliases too (supports both short flags and long alternatives)
- Options/Flags can be configured with default values
- “help” details for every command and sub-command is auto-generated using the details provided in the configuration
I would love to get some feedback on this.